- Covid-19 safety measures
Covid-19 safety measures
How we're keeping everyone safe
With the ongoing challenges and restrictions now in place as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak, keeping our team, our customers and the wider community safe and healthy is our main priority.
We understand the importance of adhering to Government and official advice on how to protect others and stay safe, and we're working to ensure all health & safety measures are firmly in place.
We can confirm that we’re COVID-19 Secure and have complied with the Government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19. You can download the PenCarrie COVID-19 Secure document here.
What we're doing right now
- Face masks are worn by all members of staff on site. We’ve made face masks available from dispensers located near key entry and exit points, and training has been provided on the correct use and disposal of these items. Every team member has also been provided with a bottle of hand sanitiser with belt clip and face coverings for use on public transport etc.
- We’ve further reduced the number of office team members working on site. The majority of our office-based teams have been working from home since 16th March 2020 and have been provided with the relevant equipment, the home working policy and a home working risk assessment. A regular business update is given to keep everyone up to date.
- We've reduced the size of our warehouse team. This enables our team members to maintain the recommended social distancing as directed by the Government.
- We’ve also created 3 shift patterns with a gap between the end of one and the start of the next to prevent team members from different shifts coming into contact with each other.
- By staggering the start and finish times on each shift, we're preventing whole shifts arriving on-site together. Breaks have been staggered too.
- We’ve introduced a one-way system on our stairwells meaning that the team can maintain social distancing by not crossing on stairs.
- We've introduced a one-way system in our picking zones, with only one person permitted in each aisle.
- Ventilation has been increased across the site to increase fresh air flow.
- Perspex screens have been installed in our vans and at warehouse computer stations where social distancing is not always possible.
- Each team member returning to work receives a Covid-19 site induction.
- Each team member has been provided with their own labelled equipment which is cleaned at the end of each shift.
- Where hi-vis is required, garments have been printed with further social distancing reminders.
- Large-scale signage has been added across the site, giving guidance on health & safety measures and updates on Government guidelines.
- We've added a number of portable hand washing stations across the premises as well as easy-to-access hygiene stations providing disinfecting surface wipes, hand sanitiser and tissues.
- Cleaners are on site on all shifts and focus on door handles, surfaces and areas of higher traffic.
- We’ve introduced additional high temperature and disinfectant cleaning methods along with specialised cleaning products.
- We've added additional temporary toilet facilities.
- We’ve transformed unused office space into additional break areas and added heating, lighting and coverings to outdoor patio space so that the team can take breaks and maintain a safe distance apart.
- Support from our Health & Safety team is available at all times.
- We keep the teams on-site up to date with our Government Updates noticeboard.
- Projectors and TV screens across the warehouse are being updated regularly with reminders on hand washing and social distancing recommendations from the Government.
Protecting the mental well-being of our team
- The PenCarrie HR Team are available either on-site or remotely, with one designated team member making distanced visits to our site, so that the whole team have access to them should there be anything they wish to talk about.
- Our free, easy to access Employee Assistance Programme is available to all members of our team, 24 hours a day, 7 days of the week.
- Our Mental Health First Aid Team are available on-site (members of our Warehouse Team) and remotely to support colleagues if or when they need it.
- The team working remotely have been added to a group chat and are being encouraged to share positive news and updates with one another throughout the day.
- Our Management Team are regularly checking in with all team members to ensure we keep each other talking and supported.
In this ever-changing situation, we're constantly reviewing our practices to ensure that we're as up-to-date as possible with all health & safety recommendations. We'll endeavour to update you with any changes that we make as a result of official guidelines.
For further information on the guidelines surrounding the Covid-19 outbreak, please visit The World Health Organisation or The Government website.
We're all in this together.