- Website Terms and Conditions
Website Terms and Conditions
Website Terms and Conditions
These terms tell you the rules for using our website pencarrie.com ("our site").
www.Pencarrie.com is a site operated by PenCarrie Limited ("We" or "PenCarrie"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 03371637 and have our registered office at PenCarrie House South View Estate, Willand, Cullompton, Devon, EX15 2QW. Our main trading address is at our registered office. Our VAT number is GB169748939.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email [email protected] or telephone our Customer Service line on 0800 252248.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
- If you require a licence to view, download or other use for brand marketing materials such as text, files, images, specifications and videos from our site (more specifically, "Content", as defined in the Content Usage Terms and Conditions), the Content Usage Terms and Conditions.
If you purchase goods from our site, our Order Terms and Conditions of Sale will apply to the sales.
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available for use free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We may transfer this Agreement to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You must keep your account details safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must, promptly: i) notify us at [email protected]; and ii) change your account details.
How you may use material on our site
This section sets out how you may use material on our site and applies to all users, except if you hold a business account with PenCarrie and have agreed to the more detailed terms set out in our Content Usage Terms and Conditions. If you have agreed to those Content Usage Terms and Conditions, they will apply to the use of all Content (as defined in the Usage Terms and Conditions) in accordance with their terms. To the extent of any inconsistency with these terms, the Content Usage Terms and Conditions will prevail.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors (for example, where you are granted a licence under our Content Usage Terms and Conditions).
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site may contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our Order Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of, or reliance on, any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
How we may use your personal information
Adding material to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site for example, when you upload your branding/logo to market PenCarrie products to your customers (Added Material), you must comply with the content standards set out in the Acceptable Use section below.
You warrant that any Added Material does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any Added Material will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your Added Material, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that Added Material and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Added Material added or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any Added Material if, in our opinion, it does not comply with the content standards set out in the Acceptable Use section below.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We do not store terrorist content.
Acceptable and Prohibited use
You may use our site only for lawful purposes.
You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of these terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
PenCarrie Limited determines, in its discretion, whether Added Material breaches these standards.
Added Material must comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
Added Material must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Include child sexual abuse material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be in contempt of court.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Added Material emanates from PenCarrie, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our homepage, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the homepage.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Section above.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact [email protected].
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
Our trade marks are registered
PenCarrie is a UK registered trade mark of PenCarrie. You are not permitted to use it without our approval, unless it is part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our site or under the Content Usage Terms and Conditions you accepted as a business account holder.